Bajalia

Trading Places as we take a tour of the Bajalia work around the globe. From Orlando Florida to the ends of the earth - China, Afghanistan, Thailand, India and Africa. BaJalia International is a collaboration of for-profit and nonprofit that partners with artisans and entrepreneurs in undeveloped regions for the purpose of stimulating economic growth, while providing sustainable economic and social benefits to craftspeople. Support us at www.bajalia.com.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Debbie Met Mindy and Mindy met Sheryl



"Debbie met Mindy" was whispered almost with reverence yesterday through out the conference rooms as I kept being moved from place to place to meet with yet another EVP and SVP, Buyers, Fashion directors, TV Creative, etc.
I spent the day yesterday at HSN presenting the Bajalia brand, products for March, producer photos and stories and my story about how it all came to be. Lynn, Lauren Bill, John, Jayme, Katy, some new faces and some were relationships brought deeper into a passion for our products. She must meet so and so , can you stay longer, can you wait for Bill, all things I was happy to do not believing how quickly the Bajalia brand was escalating to the top of HSN. I attended a "Style Out" the first vendor I was told who was ever at one of these internal meetings( but I only stayed for my part) so everyone could hear the stories straight from me.

But my highlight of the day was meeting Mindy Grossman. She is the CEO at HSN and was at Polo and Nike before that. I have been watching her work for years in the industry and so impressed how much a visionary she is and how she has taken every brand and company she works for to the next level with style and class.
I felt a bit embarrassed when I finally met her as she walked in to the conference room where I was set up looking amazing wearing a piece of jewelry I had been coveting on air sold by one of the HSN designers Heidi Dass. I noticed the jewelry before I noticed the face. My bad – but then when I realized who I was talking to was quickly asked to tell Mindy about our line.

She was lovely and very complimentary loving and trying on a few pieces. Listened intently to my quick elevator speech and asked many questions about sustainability . She graciously received her very own copy of Half the Sky a gift from me and Sheryl WuDunn and agreed to read it on the plane to Berlin and email me once she had read it.

Only God knows what will happen next as we move Bajalia to the next level with these two powerhouse women helping and strategizing for women globally.

Yesterday was a very good day, “Mindy met Debbie and Mindy met Sheryl.”

1 Comments:

Blogger DreamCatalyst said...

Debbie, I know you posted this a while ago, but I just wanted to say how proud and excited I am for you. God is moving you forward in a great way and I know He will keep elevating you because of your heart and willingness to pursue His will. You are an inspiration to me and other Kingdom entrepreneurs. Continue to blaze those trails for others!

Be blessed,
Paul Wilson, Jr.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home