Bajalia

Trading Places as we take a tour of the Bajalia work around the globe. From Orlando Florida to the ends of the earth - China, Afghanistan, Thailand, India and Africa. BaJalia International is a collaboration of for-profit and nonprofit that partners with artisans and entrepreneurs in undeveloped regions for the purpose of stimulating economic growth, while providing sustainable economic and social benefits to craftspeople. Support us at www.bajalia.com.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Back in Kutch India



When I come back to Kutch India I always feel as if I have come home. This is where Bajalia Trading Company first became a reality and where the first seeds were planted. The women here seem like old friends and sisters. I love going into the villages and visiting the producers and looking at their new embroidery designs. I spent part of the afternoon taking photos of the kids and sharing them with them on my digital screen. A very great use of technology. Here are a few photos of the kids and my friends working proudly on the Kutchi Kolthi Bag for our clients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home